Terms and Conditions
Over 18s Only
It is against the law in the UK for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble. When opening an account with Goodwin Racing we will carry out checks to verify your age. This may include the usage of a third party to conduct an age verification search. We may also request proof of age from yourself to help verify your age. Your account may be suspended and funds withheld until proof of age is provided.
Terms & Conditions
- Customers are solely responsible for the security of their account and any applicable security information. Should a customer inadvertently disclose their information to another person, the customer agrees to contact Goodwin Racing Ltd at email@example.com.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that they comply with any laws applicable to betting in the UK.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet and also reserves the right to close any account without explanation. However in such case where an account is closed by Goodwin Racing Ltd any bets already accepted and awaiting settlement will stand, unless made in contravention of our betting rules or otherwise fraudulently.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to exclude any customer from any offers or promotions that we may run. Customers will be notified of any changes to their account that affect their eligibility to receive offers/promotions.
- It is a condition of our bet acceptance from you that:
- You are not prohibiting from placing bets by any term of your employment contract or by any rule of a sporting body that applies to you.
- You are not aware of any circumstances which would make placing bets with us a breach of a rule on betting applied by a sporting governing body.
- You do not know the outcome of any event, competition, race etc that you place a bet on the outcome of.
- In any event of the above being breeched, your stake will be forfeited and any winnings will not paid.
- Customers must provide a form of identification before any bets or deposits can be placed. Acceptable forms of ID are a copy/picture of a valid UK driving licence or valid UK passport. These documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: verification Goodwin Racing 1 Bell Walk Uckfield E.Sussex TN22 5DQ
- In order to complete our KYC (know your customer) verification, we may require other forms of identification, these are as follows:
- A picture of your both sides of your debit card registered that is registered to your Goodwin Racing Ltd account. (The 1st 12 digits of the 16 digit long number must be blanked out before sending).
- A paper copy of statement or utility bill that includes your full name and address which your Goodwin Racing Ltd account is registered to.
- To ensure that gambling is conducted responsibly and that we comply with our legal and regulatory duties it may be necessary to carry out source of funds checks on our customers. We may ask you to provide written documentation proving funds and/or source of income; this could be in the form of a bank statement, wage slip, P60, solicitors letter etc. A suspicious activity report may also be submitted to the national crime agency if a customer fails a source of funds check.
- We shall make every effort to ensure complete accuracy, however Goodwin Racing Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors in the information provided via telephone, correspondence or on our website. In the event of incorrect odds being quoted, bets will be settled at the correct odds.
- In the event of a dispute not being resolved by our customer service team, the account holder may refer the matter to the managing director. If the dispute remains unresolved then the matter may be referred to the independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS – www.ibas-uk.com) where Goodwin racing Ltd will abide by any decision they may make.
- We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency.
We hold customer funds separate from company funds. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling commissions requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: Basic segregation.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd will class any accounts that have ceased to be active for 365 days as dormant. Activity is classed as deposits/withdrawals/bet placing. When accounts are classed as dormant and contain customer funds, efforts will be made to contact customer. If accounts are dormant following a further 50 days then funds may be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to add, amend or modify any betting rules that are applicable to account holders. Customers will be notified by email/post of any changes. Our website will also have the updated rules.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless Goodwin Racing Ltd, It’s employees, agents or partners from any claims, liabilities, costs and expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions or a breach of any laws that may be applicable.
- Enquires relating to any aspect of Goodwin Racing Ltd should be directed to email@example.com.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to reclaim any incorrectly transferred monies relating to incorrect settlements of bets/ employee error.
- Bets placed in accordance to the betting rules of Goodwin Racing Ltd may only be cancelled or amended by mutual consent. Bets accepted in error after a result of race/event is known will be declared void.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd rules of betting will determine the initial outcome of any disputes arising from bets placed with us.
- The information we collect and how we use it
The information and data about you which we may collect and use includes the following:
- When you register for our services we need to know your name, postal address, date of birth and contact information (telephone number or email address).
- Copy of your driving licence or passport for identification purposes.
- Details of the transactions that you carry out with us via telephone/in shop.
- Records of correspondence via telephone, email or in person.
- information regarding due diligence checks/credit checks and/or source of funds checks.
We may use your data and personal information for the purposes of:
- To set up your account and to manage/operate your account.
- To verify the accuracy of your information.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory duties.
- To monitor transactions for the purposes of Anti-Money Laundering and the Proceeds of crime act.
- To ensure gambling is conducted responsibly.
- Reducing the potential harm of problem gambling.
- Processing bets and debit transactions.
- Storage of Information
We take all reasonable steps to make sure that any information or data we hold about you is kept secure and protected at all times. This includes various steps of security measures and ongoing reviews of information collection and storage practices. Your personal data may be kept for a period of time after account closure for the minimum length of time deemed necessary to comply with regulatory and legal duties. We are registered with the ICO who oversee and uphold customer data rights.
- Telephone Calls
All Telephone calls to and from our call centre will be recorded for training and security purposes.
- Disclosure of Information
We will not share your data with any other third parties for marketing purposes. To comply with our regulatory and legal duties we may share your personal data with the following: UK Gambling Commission: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with our regulator if requested to do so to comply with our legal duties. Sports Governing Bodies: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with any relevant sporting authorities or governing bodies if requested for the purposes of protecting and policing the integrity of any relevant sport. Law Enforcement and Other Regulators: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc if requested by any applicable law enforcement or regulators to comply with our legal duties. Merchant Service Providers: Your personal data (name, address and card details) will be shared with our merchant providers: Secure Trading Ltd who will process all debit card transactions on our behalf. Credit Reference, Fraud Prevention and Identity Verification Agencies: Your personal data may be shared with TransUnion (formally Callcredit) for the purposes of social responsibility, anti money laundering and ID verification so as to comply with our legal and regulatory duties. Below is a link/web address to the TransUnion Bureau Privacy Notice which explains how TransUnion use and share personal information, the type of information they hold, where it comes from and the legality of how it is handled. https://www.callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice
- Your consent
- Your Rights
Access to personal data: In accordance with Data protection legislation you can make a request for the information that we hold on you. Our Data Protection Officer will need to clarify your identity and ask for proof of identity if necessary, Any Subject Access Request may be subject to a £10 fee. Opt out of Marketing: You can opt out of any or all marketing at the point of registration or at any other point by informing customer services on 08000 421 321 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Correction of Personal Data: You can contact us to correct any personal data with have on you that is incorrect. Right of Erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data. We can deny this request if it is in contradiction to our legal and regulatory duties.
- Contact Us
If you would like to contact us about your personal data or to make a subject access request;
Post: Data Protection Officer, Goodwin Racing Ltd., 1 Bell Walk, Uckfield, TN22 5DQ
Last updated 01/08/2019
Gambling is an enjoyable leisure activity if you gamble responsibly and stay in control. However, we know that for some people gambling can get out of control and can have adverse effects on them and the people around them.
Goodwin Racing Ltd is committed to Responsible Gambling and helping people if they have a problem with gambling.
We have many account options that can help you manage your gambling:
A good way of managing your account is to place a deposit limit on your account. Limits can be set at whatever amount you like and can be set for 24 hour, 7 day or 30 day period and cannot be overridden. You can apply a deposit limit at any time and you can decrease limits at any time which will be applied immediately.
If you would like to increase any deposit limit applied, we urge you to consider carefully if it is the right thing to do. To give you time to think about your decision we will apply a 24 hour waiting period before any increases are applied.
Please speak to customer services on 08000 421 321 or email@example.com.
If ever feel like you want to take a break from your gambling for whatever reason you can do so by applying a time out on your account. This can be for a period of 7 days or 30 days.
Once your time out begins you will not be able to use account for betting. You may withdraw any balance in this time.
If you would like to cancel your time-out, we urge you to first consider if this is the right thing to do and will apply a 24 hour waiting period for any cancellation to take place.
Please speak to customer services on 08000 421 321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst the vast majority of people enjoy gambling in a safe and responsible manner, for some people it can have a harmful impact.
Answering the following questions can help you understand more about your gambling:
- Have you ever bet more than you can afford?
- Have you needed to gamble with larger amounts of money to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Have you gone back on another day to try to win back money you have lost?
- Have you borrowed money or sold anything to gamble?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have people criticised your betting or told you that you had a gambling problem, whether or not you thought it was true?
- Have you felt guilty about the way you gamble or what happens when you gamble?
- Has your gambling caused you any health problems, including stress or anxiety?
- Has your gambling caused any financial problems for you or your household?
The more you answer “yes” to these questions, the more likely you are to have a gambling problem. If you have answered “yes” we recommend you speak to someone about your answers. Please contact customer services on 08000 421 321 or email@example.com. There are also many gambling support services who can offer help and advice:
Gamcare: 0808 8020 133 – www.gamcare.org.uk
BeGambleAware: 0808 8020 133 – www.begambleaware.org
Gamblers Anonymous: 02973 843040 – www.gamblersanonymous.co.uk
Gambling Commission – Gambling Help: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you feel that you may be developing or may have a gambling problem we strongly urge you to consider self-exclusion. If you want to stop gambling for any other reason please consider a time-out or account closure.
A Self-exclusion means that your account will be closed for a specified period of either 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years and it cannot be reversed. During this time you may withdraw any balance but no gambling will be allowed on your account all the time the self-exclusion is active.
If you decide to self-exclude we strongly recommend that you seek exclusion from any other gambling operators you have accounts with and seek advice from a gambling support service.