Terms And Conditions
Opening An Account:
- You must be a UK resident, have a permanent UK address and hold a UK bank account to hold an account with Goodwin Racing.
- To open an account please contact 08000 421 321 or complete an online registration on our website.
- When you open your account you will be asked to provide us with personal information, including your name and date of birth and appropriate contact details, including an address and telephone number. You can update these details if necessary by contacting customers services.
- Customers will be supplied with a unique account number.
- We reserve the right to notify and close any duplicate accounts. Any relevant details will be transferred to the most active account held by the customer.
- Customers are solely responsible for the security of their account and any applicable security information. Should a customer inadvertently disclose their information to another person, the customer agrees to contact Goodwin Racing Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By opening an account you agree that:
- You are not prohibiting from placing bets by any term of your employment contract or by any rule of a sporting body that applies to you.
- You are not aware of any circumstances which would make placing bets with us a breach of a rule on betting applied by a sporting governing body.
- You do not know the outcome of any event, competition, race etc that you place a bet on the outcome of.
- Your details eg) name, address and date of birth you provide us when opening your account are correct.
- That we may share your information details with an authorised credit reference agency to confirm your details.
- You understand and accept the risk that you may, as well as winning money, lose money.
- All monies used belong to you and was legitimately earned/gained by you.
- You will not make any charge backs requests regarding any deposits into your account. In any such event you agree to refund and compensate us for unpaid deposits including any incurred expenses in the process of collecting your deposit.
- We can off set any positive balance on your account against any monies owed to us by you.
Identity Verification/Money Laundering Requirements:
- Customers may be required to provide a form of Photographic identification. Acceptable forms of ID are a copy/picture of a valid UK driving licence or valid UK passport. These documents must be sent to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, via Whatsapp or by post to: verification Goodwin Racing 1 Bell Walk Uckfield E.Sussex TN22 5DQ
- In order to complete our KYC (know your customer) verification, we may require other forms of identification, these are as follows:
- A picture of your debit card that is registered to your Goodwin Racing account. (The 1st 12 digits of the 16 digit long number must be blanked out before sending).
- A paper copy of statement or utility bill that includes your full name and address which your Goodwin Racing Ltd account is registered to.
- A live photo of yourself holding your identity documentation.
- To ensure that gambling is conducted responsibly and that we comply with our legal and regulatory duties it may be necessary to carry out source of funds checks on our customers. We may ask you to provide written documentation proving funds and/or source of income; acceptable documentation includes: proof of earnings (pay slips/pension/dividends), a bank statement showing incoming funds from a legitimate source, Trust deeds, proof of payment/compensation/award/winnings.
- We may restrict you from withdrawing funds from your account whilst undertaking any checks for regulatory or security reasons.
Operating Your Account:
- Bets can placed over the telephone on our Freephone number 08000 421 321 or via Whatsapp 07930 618430 between the hours of 8:00am to 10:00pm. No bet requests outside of these hours will stand.
- To take payments you need to provide your debit card details from the front and reverse of your debit card. Your card details are stored/processed and transmitted by our merchant providers “Trust Payments”. When placing a bet if you have insufficient funds in your Goodwin Racing account we will ask you to provide us with the 3 digit CVC code on the reverse of your card to authorise any payments required. Any returns will then be credited back to your Goodwin Racing account to enable you to continue placing bets.
- You can also deposit into your account by cheque or bank transfer, please contact customer services on 08000 421 321 for information regarding these options.
- Withdrawals are made by request to any one of our operators. Withdrawals will be processed by BACS transfer. We endeavour to transfer funds the following day after receiving a withdrawal request but cannot guarantee the timeline from request to cleared funds in customers bank account.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that we have the correct and up to date withdrawal payment details. We will not be held accountable for any losses to customers if customer provides us with the wrong details or fails to inform us of any changes to withdrawal details.
- Account information changes can be made by contacting customer services on 08000 421 321.
- We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency.
We hold customer funds separate from company funds. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling commissions requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: Basic segregation.
- All calls are recorded to ensure fair play, to assist us resolving queries and to maintain standards of service.
- We can provide fully itemised statements of your betting and transaction history upon request. This can be provided in paper form through the post or via email.
Minimum Stakes –
- £10 per telephone call
- Singles, £1 win or £1 each way
- Multiple bets, 20p win or 20p each way
- Minimum deposit £10
- Minimum withdrawal £10
- Where we are able to offer a price, we accept bets on horse racing, greyhound racing, sports, special and novelty markets.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the details of any transaction you place is correct.
- There are many different betting terms and expressions. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully satisfied that you understand the meaning of any betting or gaming term before placing any bet. We cannot accept any responsibility if you place a bet where you do understand the terms involved in or relating to the bet.
- Our maximum payouts per customer per day for each individual sports are detailed in our sports betting rules.
- We shall make every effort to ensure complete accuracy, however Goodwin Racing cannot be held responsible for any errors in the information provided via telephone, correspondence or on our website. In the event of incorrect odds being quoted, bets will be settled at the correct odds.
- Goodwin Racing reserves the right to reclaim any incorrectly transferred monies relating to incorrect settlements of bets/ employee error.
- We will not be liable for any issues, technical or operational that result in any customer being unable to place bets.
- Bets placed in accordance to the betting rules of Goodwin Racing Ltd may only be cancelled or amended by mutual consent. Bets accepted in error after a result of race/event is known will be declared void.
- Goodwin Racing reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet without explanation.
- Goodwin Racing reserves the right to exclude any customer from any offers or promotions that we may run. Customers will be notified of any changes to their account that affect their eligibility to receive offers/promotions.
- Goodwin Racing reserve the right to inform relevant authorities, banks, payment providers and law enforcement of any fraudulent practice or criminal activity by customers.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless Goodwin Racing Ltd, its employees, agents or partners from any claims, liabilities, costs and expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions or a breach of any laws that may be applicable.
- Goodwin Racing shall not be liable in contract, tort or for breach of statutory duty for any of the following; loss of profits, loss of business, loss or revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of data.
- If you have excluded from betting via GAMSTOP please note we are not part of this scheme and no refunds will be given.
- Our player protection tools details what is available to customers to help aid responsible gambling. These can provided on request verbally, electronically or by post. They are also detailed on our website and welcome booklet. These include deposit limits, time outs and self exclusions. All of our operators are trained to assist any customer with the use of these.
- Please speak to any of our advisors over the telephone 08000 421 321, via Whatsapp 07930 618430, via livechat on our website or via email email@example.com if you would like any advice/assistance with player protection tools.
- Goodwin racing reserves the right to impose player protection tools on accounts if we feel it is in the customers best interest.
Change of Terms:
- We reserve the right to add, amend or modify any betting rules that are applicable to account holders. Customers will be notified by email/post of any significant changes. Our website will also have the updated rules.
Complaints and Dispute Procedure:
- Complaints can be made to any of our operators on 08000 421 321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd rules of betting will determine the initial outcome of any disputes arising from bets placed with us.
- Our operators will try to resolve any complaint/query in the first instance. In the event of a dispute not being resolved by our customer service team, the account holder may refer the matter to the managing director. If the dispute remains unresolved then the matter may be referred to the independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS – www.ibas-uk.com) where Goodwin racing Ltd will abide by any decision they may make.
Closing Your Account:
- You can close your account at anytime by contacting customer services on 08000 421 321 or email@example.com.Once an account has been closed, if you ever wish to re-open you must give 24 hours notice first before it can be reactivated. If you would like something more permanent then please use a time out or self exclusion.
- Goodwin racing reserve the right to close any account at anytime without having to provide a reason. Any outstanding bets will stand. Any active free bets can still be placed with any returns available to be withdrawn. Any funds will be returned to customers bank account.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd will class any accounts that have ceased to be active for 365 days as dormant. Activity is classed as deposits/withdrawals/bet placing. When accounts are classed as dormant and contain customer funds, efforts will be made to contact customer. If accounts are dormant following a further 365 days then funds may be forfeited.
- As well as placing bets by telephone you can also place bets by SMS text message or other messenger carrier (eg WhatsApp/Telegram etc). By placing a bet using WhatsApp, SMS text or other method of messenger service Goodwin and you agree that all bets will be valid and binding contracts under s.335 Gambling Act 2005. This is regardless of whether or not this is in breach of your chosen messenger services terms and conditions.
- Goodwin Racing are telephone/text betting operators and are not covered by Gamstop. We do have our own player protection tools and self exclusion scheme.
- You must have a registered telephone betting account with Goodwin Racing to place bets via text/messenger.
- You must have available funds in your betting account to place bets via text messenger. If you have no funds, no bets will be placed. If you have insufficient funds for the bet requested we will proportion stake eg £25 ew requested, £20 in balance = £10 ew placed.
- When your bet is placed we will text you “BET PLACED” or a GREEN TICK. Bets are not on until you have received either of these.
- If you haven’t received a bet confirmed text before the event start time it is your responsibility to phone and ask if your bet has been placed.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure the security of their account and we will not be liable to any loss that may occur due to misuse/fraud of your phone/Goodwin Racing account.
- We reserve the right to refuse any bet or part of bet. All of our usual rules apply.
- The information we collect and how we use it – You do not have to provide us with any of the following , however you will not be able to use this service.
- The information and data about you which we may collect and use includes the following:
- When you register for our services we need to know information about you including your name, postal address, date of birth, occupation and contact information (telephone number or email address).
- Copy of your driving licence or passport for identification purposes.
- Details of the transactions that you carry out with us via telephone/in shop.
- Information about your betting history.
- Records of correspondence via telephone, email or in person.
- information regarding due diligence checks/credit checks and/or source of funds checks.
We may use your data and personal information for the purposes of:
- To set up your account and to manage/operate your account.
- To verify the accuracy of your information.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory duties.
- To monitor transactions for the purposes of Anti-Money Laundering and the Proceeds of crime act.
- To ensure gambling is conducted responsibly.
- Reducing the potential harm of problem gambling.
- Processing bets and debit transactions.
- Managing our liabilities.
- Training to improve our customer services.
- Sending you offers and promotions
Storage of Information
We take all reasonable steps to make sure that any information or data we hold about you is kept secure and protected at all times. This includes various steps of security measures and ongoing reviews of information collection and storage practices. Your personal data may be kept for a period of time after account closure for the minimum length of time deemed necessary to comply with regulatory and legal duties. We are registered with the ICO who oversee and uphold customer data rights.
All Telephone calls to and from our call centre will be recorded for training and security purposes.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share your data with any other third parties for marketing purposes. To comply with our regulatory and legal duties we may share your personal data with the following: UK Gambling Commission: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with our regulator if requested to do so to comply with our legal duties. Sports Governing Bodies: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with any relevant sporting authorities or governing bodies if requested for the purposes of protecting and policing the integrity of any relevant sport. Law Enforcement and Other Regulators: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc if requested by any applicable law enforcement or regulators to comply with our legal duties. Merchant Service Providers: Your personal data (name, address, ID documents and card details) will be shared with our merchant providers: Secure Trading Ltd who will process all debit card transactions on our behalf. Credit Reference, Fraud Prevention and Identity Verification Agencies: Your personal data may be shared with TransUnion (formally Callcredit) for the purposes of social responsibility, anti money laundering and ID verification so as to comply with our legal and regulatory duties. Below is a link/web address to the TransUnion Bureau Privacy Notice which explains how TransUnion use and share personal information, the type of information they hold, where it comes from and the legality of how it is handled. https://www.callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice
Access to personal data: In accordance with Data protection legislation you can make a request for the information that we hold on you. Our Data Protection Officer will need to clarify your identity and ask for proof of identity if necessary, Any Subject Access Request may be subject to a £10 fee. Opt out of Marketing: You can opt out of any or all marketing at the point of registration or at any other point by informing customer services on 08000 421 321 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Correction of Personal Data: You can contact us to correct any personal data with have on you that is incorrect. Right of Erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data. We can deny this request if it is in contradiction to our legal and regulatory duties.
If you would like to contact us about your personal data or to make a subject access request;
Post: Data Protection Officer, Suite 4, Kingfisher Court, Uckfield TN22 1QQ
Last updated 09/03/2021/