Terms and Conditions
Over 18s Only
It is against the law in the UK for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble. When opening an account with Goodwin Racing we will carry out checks to verify your age. This may include the usage of a third party to conduct an age verification search. We may also request proof of age from yourself to help verify your age. Your account may be suspended and funds withheld until proof of age is provided.
Terms & Conditions
- Customers are solely responsible for the security of their account and any applicable security information. Should a customer inadvertently disclose their information to another person, the customer agrees to contact Goodwin Racing Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for all transactions where your name and account number are correctly quoted.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that they comply with any laws applicable to betting in the UK.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet and also reserves the right to close any account without explanation. However in such case where an account is closed by Goodwin Racing Ltd any bets already accepted and awaiting settlement will stand, unless made in contravention of our betting rules or otherwise fraudulently.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to exclude any customer from any offers or promotions that we may run. Customers will be notified of any changes to their account that affect their eligibility to receive offers/promotions.
- By opening an account you agree that:
- You are not prohibiting from placing bets by any term of your employment contract or by any rule of a sporting body that applies to you.
- You are not aware of any circumstances which would make placing bets with us a breach of a rule on betting applied by a sporting governing body.
- You do not know the outcome of any event, competition, race etc that you place a bet on the outcome of.
- The name, address and date of birth you provide us when opening your account are correct.
- That we may share your information details with an authorised credit reference agency to confirm your details.
- You understand and accept the risk that you may, as well as winning money, lose money.
- All monies used belong to you and was legitimately earned/gained by you.
- You will not make any charge backs requests regarding any deposits into your account. In any such event you agree to refund and compensate us for unpaid deposits including any incurred expenses in the process of collecting your deposit.
- We can off set any positive balance on your account against any monies owed to us by you.
- Customers must provide a form of Photographic identification. Acceptable forms of ID are a copy/picture of a valid UK driving licence or valid UK passport. These documents must be sent to email@example.com or by post to: verification Goodwin Racing 1 Bell Walk Uckfield E.Sussex TN22 5DQ
- In order to complete our KYC (know your customer) verification, we may require other forms of identification, these are as follows:
- A picture of your both sides of your debit card registered that is registered to your Goodwin Racing Ltd account. (The 1st 12 digits of the 16 digit long number must be blanked out before sending).
- A paper copy of statement or utility bill that includes your full name and address which your Goodwin Racing Ltd account is registered to.
- A live photo of yourself holding your identity documentation.
- To ensure that gambling is conducted responsibly and that we comply with our legal and regulatory duties it may be necessary to carry out source of funds checks on our customers. We may ask you to provide written documentation proving funds and/or source of income; this could be in the form of a bank statement, wage slip, P60, solicitors letter etc.
- We shall make every effort to ensure complete accuracy, however Goodwin Racing Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors in the information provided via telephone, correspondence or on our website. In the event of incorrect odds being quoted, bets will be settled at the correct odds.
- In the event of a dispute not being resolved by our customer service team, the account holder may refer the matter to the managing director. If the dispute remains unresolved then the matter may be referred to the independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS – www.ibas-uk.com) where Goodwin racing Ltd will abide by any decision they may make.
- Payments are made using debit cards registered with a UK bank account. If we inadvertently accept payment by credit card there will be no refunds. Withdrawals are paid by bank transfer. It is the customers responsibility to ensure we have the correct withdrawal payment details. We will not be held accountable to losses to customers if customer provides us with the wrong withdrawal details or fails to inform of us of any changes to withdrawal details at time when they request a withdrawal.
- We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency.
We hold customer funds separate from company funds. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling commissions requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: Basic segregation.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd will class any accounts that have ceased to be active for 365 days as dormant. Activity is classed as deposits/withdrawals/bet placing. When accounts are classed as dormant and contain customer funds, efforts will be made to contact customer. If accounts are dormant following a further 50 days then funds may be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to add, amend or modify any betting rules that are applicable to account holders. Customers will be notified by email/post of any changes. Our website will also have the updated rules.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless Goodwin Racing Ltd, It’s employees, agents or partners from any claims, liabilities, costs and expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions or a breach of any laws that may be applicable.
- Enquires relating to any aspect of Goodwin Racing Ltd should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd reserves the right to reclaim any incorrectly transferred monies relating to incorrect settlements of bets/ employee error.
- Bets placed in accordance to the betting rules of Goodwin Racing Ltd may only be cancelled or amended by mutual consent. Bets accepted in error after a result of race/event is known will be declared void.
- Goodwin Racing Ltd rules of betting will determine the initial outcome of any disputes arising from bets placed with us.
- If you have excluded from betting via GAMSTOP please note we are not part of this scheme and no refunds will be given.
- The information we collect and how we use it – You do not have to provide us with any of the following , however you will not be able to use this service.
- The information and data about you which we may collect and use includes the following:
- When you register for our services we need to know information about you including your name, postal address, date of birth, occupation and contact information (telephone number or email address).
- Copy of your driving licence or passport for identification purposes.
- Details of the transactions that you carry out with us via telephone/in shop.
- Information about your betting history.
- Records of correspondence via telephone, email or in person.
- information regarding due diligence checks/credit checks and/or source of funds checks.
We may use your data and personal information for the purposes of:
- To set up your account and to manage/operate your account.
- To verify the accuracy of your information.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory duties.
- To monitor transactions for the purposes of Anti-Money Laundering and the Proceeds of crime act.
- To ensure gambling is conducted responsibly.
- Reducing the potential harm of problem gambling.
- Processing bets and debit transactions.
- Managing our liabilities.
- Training to improve our customer services.
- Sending you offers and promotions
- Storage of Information
We take all reasonable steps to make sure that any information or data we hold about you is kept secure and protected at all times. This includes various steps of security measures and ongoing reviews of information collection and storage practices. Your personal data may be kept for a period of time after account closure for the minimum length of time deemed necessary to comply with regulatory and legal duties. We are registered with the ICO who oversee and uphold customer data rights.
- Telephone Calls
All Telephone calls to and from our call centre will be recorded for training and security purposes.
- Disclosure of Information
We will not share your data with any other third parties for marketing purposes. To comply with our regulatory and legal duties we may share your personal data with the following: UK Gambling Commission: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with our regulator if requested to do so to comply with our legal duties. Sports Governing Bodies: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc with any relevant sporting authorities or governing bodies if requested for the purposes of protecting and policing the integrity of any relevant sport. Law Enforcement and Other Regulators: Your personal data may be shared including, but not limited to, your registration details, betting history and transaction history etc if requested by any applicable law enforcement or regulators to comply with our legal duties. Merchant Service Providers: Your personal data (name, address, ID documents and card details) will be shared with our merchant providers: Secure Trading Ltd who will process all debit card transactions on our behalf. Credit Reference, Fraud Prevention and Identity Verification Agencies: Your personal data may be shared with TransUnion (formally Callcredit) for the purposes of social responsibility, anti money laundering and ID verification so as to comply with our legal and regulatory duties. Below is a link/web address to the TransUnion Bureau Privacy Notice which explains how TransUnion use and share personal information, the type of information they hold, where it comes from and the legality of how it is handled. https://www.callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice
- Your consent
- Your Rights
Access to personal data: In accordance with Data protection legislation you can make a request for the information that we hold on you. Our Data Protection Officer will need to clarify your identity and ask for proof of identity if necessary, Any Subject Access Request may be subject to a £10 fee. Opt out of Marketing: You can opt out of any or all marketing at the point of registration or at any other point by informing customer services on 08000 421 321 or email@example.com. Correction of Personal Data: You can contact us to correct any personal data with have on you that is incorrect. Right of Erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data. We can deny this request if it is in contradiction to our legal and regulatory duties.
- Contact Us
If you would like to contact us about your personal data or to make a subject access request;
Post: Data Protection Officer, Goodwin Racing Ltd., 1 Bell Walk, Uckfield, TN22 5DQ
Last updated 01/08/2019/